1763 was a common year starting on Saturday (see link for calendar).
- January 8 - Edmond Charles GenÍt, French ambassador to the United States during the French Revolution
- January 26 - Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte, French Field Marshal, later King Charles XIV John of Sweden and Charles III John of Norway
- February 29 - Ann Lee, founder of the United Society of Believers in Christ's Second Appearing ("Shakers")
- March 9 - William Cobbett, journalist and author (d. 1835)
- March 13 - Guillaume Marie Anne Brune, French soldier (d. 1815)
- March 21 - Jean Paul, German writer (d. 1825)
- June 20 - Theobald Wolfe Tone, Irish patriot (d. 1798)
- June 23 - Josephine de Beauharnais, Empress of France.
- July 17 - John Jacob Astor, entrepreneur (d. 1848)
- December 25 - Claude Chappe, telecommunication pioneer (in semaphore relays)
- December 28 - John Molson, Canadian entrepreneur (d. 1836)