1811 was a common year starting on Tuesday (see link for calendar).
- January 9 - Gilbert Abbott a Beckett, writer (d. 1856)
- January 17 - Joshua Abraham Norton, later Emperor Norton I of the United States (or February 14, 1819).
- February 3 - Horace Greeley, American journalist, editor, and publisher (d. 1872).
- February 6 - Henry George Liddell, Dean of the Christ Church, Oxford.
- March 20 - Napoleon II of France (d. 1832)
- March 30 - Robert Bunsen, chemist, inventor: Bunsen burner (d. 1899)
- July 18 - William Makepeace Thackeray, British novelist (d. 1863)
- August 31 - Theophile Gautier, French writer (d. 1872)
- Rosh Hashanah - Nathan of Nemirov organizer of the first pilgrimage to Uman, Ukraine by Breslov Hasidim
- September 19 - Orson Pratt, American religious leader (d. 1881)
- October 22 - Franz Liszt, Hungarian composer
- October 27 - Stevens Thomson Mason, first governor of Michigan
- November 24 - Ulrich Ochsenbein, member of the Swiss Federal Council (d. 1890)
- December 21 - Archibald Campbell Tait, Archbishop of Canterbury (d. 1882)
- Zeng Guofan, Han Chinese official and military leader of the Qing Dynasty (d. 1872)
|Top Encyclopedia Articles