1819 was a common year starting on Friday (see link for calendar).
- February 11 - Samuel Parkman Tuckerman , composer.
- February 8 - John Ruskin, English author, poet, artist, art critic and social critic .
- February 14 - Joshua A. Norton, "Emperor of the United States of America" (Or January 17, 1811).
- February 22 - James Russell Lowell, poet and essayist
- March 3 - Gustave de Molinari, Belgian economist.
- April 4 - Queen Maria II of Portugal
- April 9 - Annibale de Gasparis, Italian astronomer
- April 11 - Charles Hallé, pianist and conductor
- April 18 - Franz von Suppé, composer
- April 28 - Ezra Abbot, American Bible scholar
- May 24 - Queen Victoria, monarch of the United Kingdom
- May 31 - Walt Whitman, American poet
- June 5 - John Couch Adams, astronomer
- June 10 - Gustave Courbet, French painter (d. 1877)
- June 20 - Jacques Offenbach, composer
- July 19 - Gottfried Keller, Swiss poet 9d. 1890)
- August 1 - Richard Dadd, insane Victorian fairy painter
- August 1 - Herman Melville, American novelist
- August 25 - Allan Pinkerton, American detective (d. 1884)
- August 26 - Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, later Prince Consort to Queen Victoria.
- September 13 - Clara Schumann, Austrian composer
- September 17 - Thomas Hendricks, former Vice President of the United States (d. 1885)
- September 22 - Wilhelm Wattenbach, German historian
- October 20 - The Báb, prophet founder of the Bábi Faith, a religion which was to become the precursor to the Bahá'í Faith (d. 1850)
- November 22 - George Eliot, British novelist
- Felice Orsini, revolutionary
|Top Encyclopedia Articles