Bernard Wrigley is a singer, actor and comedian from Bolton, England. He is sometimes known by the nickname The Bolton Bullfrog.
Bernard's career as a singer and storyteller began in the late sixties, when a love of folk music led him to perform in folk clubs. Since then he has released over a dozen albums of traditional and original songs, stories and monologues.
As an actor Bernard has made many appearances on stage, most famously in Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot alongside Mike Harding at Bolton's Octagon Theatre.
Bernard has made many appearances in British TV programmes such as Phoenix Nights (where he was Dodgy Eric, who sold club owner Brian Potter a phallic bouncy castle), Emmerdale (as eccentric rocket inventor Barry Clegg) and Coronation Street (as the Rev. Marvin Winstanley, the dodgy internet priest Roy and Hayley approached to arrange their wedding), as well as Last of the Summer Wine, Cold Feet, Coogan's Run and Victoria Wood's Dinnerladies.
- The Phenomenal B. Wrigley (1971)
- Rough and Wrigley (1974)
- Songs, Stories, & Elephants (1976)
- Ten Ton Special (1976)
- The Bolton Bullfrog (1981)
- Rude Bits! (1985)
- The Instrumental Album (1988)
- Wanted: Live! (1991)
- Buggerlugs (1992)
- Albert, Arthur, & The Car Park (1997)
- Magnificent Monologues (2000)
- Fairly Truthful Tales (2002)
- Magnificent Monologues Volume 2 (2002)
- Monologology (2003)
- Amblethwaite 'Appenings (2004)
Bernard Wrigley's official website