Lyric can have a number of meanings.
- A lyric (from the Greek) is a song sung with a lyre. Now, it is commonly used to mean a song of no defined length or structure.
- A lyric poem is a form of poetry that expresses a subjective, personal point of view.
- Lyrics are the written words in a song.
- Lyric is a classification of the human voice in classical singing. The adjective describes a quality and range at the upper end of the given voice part, e.g. lyric soprano.
- Lyric is a commonly used name for RTE Lyric FM