Stefan Żeromski (pronounce: Zeromski.ogg) (1864-1925) was a Polish novelist and writer.
In recognition of his literary achievements, Żeromski was granted the use of an apartment in the Royal Castle in Warsaw. He was regarded as a leading candidate for the Nobel prize.
- Approach of Spring (Przedwiośnie)
- The Labors of Sysiphus (Syzyfowe prace) - about Tsarist efforts to Russify the Russian-occupied part of Poland, in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Ashes (Popioły)
- The Faithful River (Wierna rzeka, 1912)
- Ravens and Crows Will Peck Us to Pieces (Rozdziobią nas kruki, wrony)
- Homeless People (Ludzie bezdomni)
- A Story of Sin (Dzieje grzechu)
- Elegy for a Hetman (Duma o hetmanie)
- The Rose (Róża)
- The Charm of Life (Uroda życia)
- Struggles with Satan (Walka z szatanem)
- Wind from the Sea (Wiatr od morza)
- The Quail (Przepióreczka)